The Night Relief Guard (NRG) is your introductory Nightguard choice for teeth clenching and grinding during the night (bruxism). This soft Boil and Bite Nightguard can help you with the pain of nighttime clenching especially for cases of mild-moderate teeth grinding. Read more about Nightguards in the Usage Details section below.
1. Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Remove water from heat source. Immediately place Nightguard in water for 90-120 seconds. Carefully hold Nightguard under water with the edge of a spoon. Move the spoon around to different spots of the mouthguard a few times to avoid denting the mouthguard surface as it heats up. Do not remove before 90 seconds.
3. Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
4. While holding the front of the mouthguard in the center, shake off the excess water.
5. Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
6. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of lower teeth. Fit Nightguard onto lower teeth with the front bridge touching the front teeth. Press mouthguard down firmly on lower teeth.
7. Bite down hard on mouthguard. Suck in strongly for 20 seconds to increase bite pressure.
8. Remove Nightguard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
9. Repeat steps 1 through 8 if fit is not accurate.
• We believe that you will be completely satisfied with the Night Relief Guard If you are unhappy with your mouthpiece you may return it within 30 days of purchase for a complete refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding returns.
• As the end user it is your responsibility to read and follow all directions and safety instructions carefully before self fitting.
• The user of the self fitting Night Relief Guard assumes all the risks and liabilities and there is no implied guarantee of safety as other variables exist beyond control of the manufacturer or retailer.
• Our Night Relief Guard products are manufactured with FDA listed materials that are commonly found in other oral mouthguard type appliances made and approved for medical use.
Night Relief Guard intended use
• Night Relief Guard is intended to relieve the mild to moderate pain associated with night time clenching.
• If you have dentures, loose teeth, dental infections you should consult your dentist prior to using the Night Relief Guard product.
• On going severe jaw pain will require the services of a dental professional. Consult your personal dentist for more advice.
• Do not store the Night Relief Guard near heated surfaces as the material may soften and be un-wearable.
Extreme cases of clenching may require a laboratory custom fit mouthpiece (mouth guard) . This economical Nightguard can help with your pain and help you decide if a custom mouthguard may help you long term. To determine which mouthguard is safest for you personally, start with a soft night guard, and if you find you are still clenching and grinding, move on to a better more costly hard night guard available online or from your dentist.
- Jack Z, 1/6/2013
Having used an upper and lower guard I can say they are better than this one because they prevent cheek biting. This one is alright and helped me understand the severity of my grinding but I would only get more customized one for myself from here forward.
- Maggie Pilcher 9/13/2011
I am delighted with my mouthguard. Not only am I no longer snoring (husband delighted), but I ... have stopped grinding and clenching my teeth which had led to cheek biting and very sensitive teeth.
- KATHERINE JEANETTE CHAPMAN 2/26/2011
I'M BROKE SO WAS UNABLE TO BUY A EXPENSIVE MOUTH GUARD FROM MY LOCAL DENTIST. THEY CHARGE FROM $400-$700 for a great NIGHT GUARD.
My husband got this soft nightguard for me I was very skeptical but he helped me put it on last night.
WE DID HAVE TO DO THE 5 STEPS TWICE THOUGH TO GET A EXCELLENT FIT!! IT WILL TAKE A LITLE TIME TO GET USE TO IT IF YOU HAVE NEVER OWNED ONE.
I'VE BEEN WEARING ONE ON FOR YEARS SO AS LONG AS IT FITS TIGHT AND IS COMFORTABLE I WILL SLEEP WELL KNOWING THAT WHEN I GRIND MY TEETH I WON'T BE WEARING THEM DOWN AS FAST OR EVEN BREAKING THEM. JUST KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TOTALLY TO GET A GREAT FIT!! PLEASE REPEAT ALL THE STEPS AGAIN IF YOU DON'T GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST OR EVEN THE SECOND TIME IT IS WORTH YOUR TIME AND YOU CAN NOT BEAT THE GREAT PRICE!