Stop snoring tonight and have sweet dreams again with your spouse.
It's not complicated! Fit in 5 minutes and enjoy a peaceful night's sleep.
The QuietNite Z (QNZ) works by keeping your airway open while sleeping which stops the snoring noise. Wake up refreshed with more energy.
FITTING instructions and FAQs
First: Watch the Fitting Video
1. Boil water, pour into another bowl and let it cool for about one minute.
2. Fully immerse the QNZ for 2 minutes, and then begin the fitting process. Check to make sure it is not too hot before placing in your mouth.
3. Bite into the softened mouthpiece, move your jaw forward and compress the material around your teeth and gums
4. Cool, check the fit and repeat steps 1-3 if necessary to get a good fit.
Watch the fitting video and read the fitting instructions which come with the QNZ mouthpiece.
How do I know that the QNZ will work for me?
Scientific studies validate the concept
• The QNZ mouthpiece concept has been validated with numerous medical and scientific studies.
• The AASM & ADSM recommend a snoring mouthpiece as the first treatment option to treat simple snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Please read this article for more information: http://mouthguardstore.com/articles/medical-experts-recommend-the-snoring-mouthpiece-for-sleep-apnea-and-snoring
• Although it has been scientifically proven to help treat snoring and sleep apnea, it may not work for 100% of the people. Our satisfaction rate with the product is better than 95%.
How does the QNZ work?
The QNZ holds your jaw forward during sleep to open the airway and stop snoring.
• The most common cause of snoring is air being passed through a partially constricted airway causing vibration of the palate during breathing. The QNZ mouthpiece works by moving the jaw forward, which opens up the airway and stretches the palate so it does not vibrate (or vibrates less).
Is there a simple test to try before I buy the QNZ?
• You can try this. Close your mouth with your teeth together. Then try to make a snoring sound.
• Then open your mouth a little and move your jaw forward a little at a time and try to make the snoring stop. You will see that the snoring stops or improves. This opening and jaw forward movement is how the mouthpiece stops your snoring.
• The mouthpiece holds the jaw in that location while you sleep.
Is there a warranty?
• You have 30 days from your purchase date to verify your satisfaction with the QNZ for a full refund. Please see the return detail at the end of the FAQ section
How soon will I stop snoring?
The first night
• For most people you will know the first night, if your snoring stops. If it stops your snoring for even a short while, then you know that moving your jaw forward and holding it there will work for you. Purchasing the QNZ is an economical option to determine if a snoring mouthpiece can help stop your snoring.
• Following the good sleep hygiene tips http://mouthguardstore.com/articles/how-to-stop-snoring-remedies found in the article section at the mouthguardstore.com website will assure you the best chance to stop snoring.
• If you do not see improvement right away, try tweaking the QNZ with the steps described below.
How long will the QNZ last?
Six months to two years.
• There are many factors that can affect the life expectancy of your QNZ. Grinding your teeth while you sleep, how clean you keep it and how you store it will all play a part.
• Some people regularly purchase every six months and others who come back once every two years.
The QNZ works but can I get a better mouthpiece?
• It is important to confirm that a snoring mouthpiece can help treat your snoring. The QNZ is a very good first treatment option due to its modest cost and easy fitting process.
• While many clients replace their QNZ with another one as they periodically wear, others upgrade to a thinner, better fitting and more durable laboratory custom fit appliance called the QuietNite Z Elite. These are available at the mouthguardstore.com website.
Will I be able to breathe through my mouth with the QNZ?
• The QNZ has been engineered with large breathing holes to allow you to breathe easily.
• It is normal for one side of the nose to be temporarily blocked when you first lie down so the breathing holes are helpful. Most people you will revert to nasal breathing within 15 minutes.
What do I do if my snoring does not stop?
Refit “Tweak” the mouthpiece
• Most people can see an improvement in their snoring by tweaking the QNZ mouthpiece. Try these steps first to get improvement before returning the mouthpiece.
• People are understandably disappointed if they find their QNZ does not work right away, but are then pleasantly surprised to find that with a bit of “tweaking” they stop snoring
How can I adjust or tweak the QNZ?
Situation: It does not work at all
This is usually caused from the jaw not being held forward enough.
• Refit the mouthpiece according to the initial instructions and move the jaw farther toward the front. You only want to do this as far as necessary to prevent jaw soreness.
• Sometimes the mouthpiece can be adjusted a little at a time as the body adjusts to the new location.
Situation: It only works at the start of the night, or falls out during the night
This is usually caused by the fit not begin tight enough to hold the jaw in its proper location throughout the night.
• Refit the mouthpiece and concentrate on compression of the softened material toward the gums and teeth.
• Suck out all the saliva when the device is first inserted at night.
• Some users have reported that application of denture adhesive keeps the mouthpiece in place enough to stop the snoring.
• If the snoring does stop but does not stay in long enough, then investing in a custom mouthpiece such as the QuietNite Z Elite or a custom device from dentist may be a better solution.
Situation: It used to work, but now I’m snoring again
Some people clench their teeth during the night. This tends to stretch the mouthpiece making it loose.
• First try to remold the mouthpiece or buy another QNZ if this fails or upgrade to a custom QNZ Elite.
• The QNZ was designed to be sturdy enough to resist some clenching
Situation: My jaw muscles ache in the morning
It is common during the adjustment period to experience some jaw discomfort as the body adjusts to the stretching of the jaw ligaments. This in most cases resolves within a week or so.
• If the problem persists, your jaw may be pushed too far forward. Then you can remold the mouthpiece with your jaw not so far forward.
Situation: My front teeth hurt when I wake in the morning
This is a common situation caused by your front teeth holding the jaw forward during the night. For most people this disappears in a couple of weeks.
• Remolding the mouthpiece with the jaw pushed out less forward may solve the problem.
• Make sure that the edges do not flop over during the softening of the mouthpiece in the hot water as this can place too much material on the front teeth.
• The custom QNZ Elite distributes the force more evenly and can be a better option if your see stop snoring success with the regular QNZ.
How many times can I re mold the QNZ?
Four to five times
• Usually you can refit the device 4-5 times. The material begins to stiffen after that and be less pliable.
How long does it take to get used to it?
• The adjustment phase obviously varies from person to person. Usually within a week or two most of the side effects have diminished or disappeared.
How do I clean it?
Use a soft tooth brush with liquid soap.
• All QNZ products are cleaned in a similar fashion. First use a soft toothbrush with liquid soap to remove any debris. Tooth pastes often contain abrasives which can damage the QNZ surface over time causing it to be more susceptible to staining.
• Soaking the appliance in a denture cleaner such as the Oxygone cleaner available from the MGS will gently clean the mouthpiece and give it a fresh minty taste.
Will the mouthpiece make me gag?
Customers rarely mention gagging. If you have a problem with that, fit the mouthpiece and gradually wear it for a few minutes at a time till the body adjusts to having something in place.
Why do I have so much saliva?
Saliva accumulation will decrease
• The body initially interprets the mouthpiece as a food type material which requires saliva. This is very common and dissipates over time
Can it help me if I have sleep Apnea?
• Almost everyone with Obstructive Sleep Apnea snores. A mouthpiece which helps stop snoring will also likely improve OSA.
• However, since this is a dangerous medical condition associated with heart disease and other problems, you should be monitored by a sleep physician if you have sleep apnea.
• The QNZ and other mouthpieces can be prescribed by a physician or dentist trained in sleep breathing disorders.
Can I use the QNZ if I wear dentures?
• If you have partial dentures and some front teeth in both upper and lower jaws, the QNZ may work.
• If you wear a full denture in either jaw
• If you wear full dentures the QNZ will not work. You should consider the AveoTSD. Contact our technical department EM: email@example.com for more advice.
Why is my QNZ rough?
Water was too hot during the fitting.
If you place a QNZ in water that is too hot, it becomes very rough and not wearable and may need to be replaced. However, the QNZ does lose some of its smoothness when put in hot water – even at the right temperature.
What is the difference between the QNZ and the QNZ Elite?
• The QNZ is considerably cheaper than the custom QNZ Elite.
• The QNZ is a “boil-and-bite” mouthpiece, which means you put a thermo-plastic mold in hot water and then bite into it so that it takes the shape of your teeth; this is not customized specifically to your teeth.
• The custom QNZ Elite is hand-made in a laboratory using a dental impression kit. The device is made using a near perfect impression of your teeth so fits more snugly.
• The custom QNZ Elite has thinner walls and is less bulky so you aren’t as aware of it when you wear it.
Comfort and Attachment:
• The QNZ grips mainly the front teeth, whereas a custom QNZ Elite grips all the teeth. This helps it to sit more securely and comfortably on your teeth while you are asleep.
How do I get the white Airway Plug Out?
Rarely but occasionally, the final cooling will shrink lock the Airway Plug making its removal difficult.
Prevention- do not allow the mouthpiece to overheat. Be sure to allow the proper amount of cooling time after boiling the water before immersion into the soaking cup. The main cause is having the water too hot when heat soaking the mouthpiece, it gets just too soft and squishy.
If after fitting the airway plug resists easy removal, try this
Make sure the QNZ is fully cooled. Squeeze the front outside section and rock the airway plug back and forth.
Re-soften the mouthpiece in warm water, not boiling. Bite back into the mouthpiece exactly as before and begin to wiggle the airway plug a little at a time to prevent final cooling contraction of the material. This should make it easier to remove after final cooling.
If you want to refit the mouthpiece later, coat the inside portion of the airway plug with Vaseline before the fitting. You still must keep the airway plug fully seated.
If none of the above is satisfactory, contact us for a replacement QNZ. Use the Vaseline as described above to prevent a recurrence of the issue.
If you still need more help send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Warranty Section
30-Day MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
The QNZ has been shown to stop or improve snoring for most people. If you are not satisfied with the results please contact us for help. If we cannot resolve your issue, you can return the mouthpiece for a full refund of the product purchase price within 30 days of purchase. Contact email@example.com for return instructions.
Please see Terms and Conditions for full details: https://mouthguardstore.com/SiteContent?brandType=TERMS
Email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
purchaser’s email address
Send Product back
Please send the product back to:
The MouthGuard Store
PO Box 551122
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33355, USA
Your refund will be made through PayPal to the name in which the product was purchased.
Note: customer is responsible for return shipping.
The refund will be made for the full purchase amount and can be expected within 7 business days of returned product receipt and inspection. Initial shipping or “Trial” costs are not refundable.
To optimize success of the QNZ you should read and follow all directions and safety instructions carefully before using the boil and bite fitting process. Check to make sure it is not too hot before placing in your mouth. The manufacturer cannot directly oversee the fitting process and as such the user assumes all the risks and liabilities. Do not store it near any heated surface, chew on the mouthpiece and keep away from pets.
The QNZ mouthpieces are fabricated from FDA approved surgical materials, ethylene vinyl acetate.
The line of QuietNite Z products are intended to treat simple snoring and may be used for treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea snoring symptoms with a doctor’s prescription. Other conditions which may be helped are tempromandibular joint disorders (TMJ) and night time clenching. Medical or dental supervision may be necessary for these conditions.
As the end user it is your responsibility to read and follow all directions and safety instructions carefully before boil and bite self- fitting or user- fit impressions.
The user of the self-fitting mouthpiece assumes all the risks and liabilities and there is no implied guarantee of safety or enhanced performance as other variables exist beyond control of the manufacturer or retailer.
Do not chew on the mouthpiece or store it near any heated surface.
Pets are likely to chew and damage your mouthpiece. Please carefully store your mouthpiece.
The Sleep Tight Mouthpiece (STM) is an intraoral mandibular advancement device intended to be used for the treatment of snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea in adults. Rx only
This device should not be used by persons with asthma, central sleep apnea or severe respiratory disorders. If you have loose teeth, advanced periodontal disease, TMJ (Jaw joint pain) or other dental problems consult your dentist before using this device. Use of this device may cause temporary dental problems including increased salivation or possible mouth breathing. If you experience ongoing TMJ pain, gum irritation, bite problems, loose teeth or other dental problems discontinue use of the device and seek dental or medical help. Non sterile.
PO Box 551122
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33355
- Kelly 9/27/2015
I am ordering my second Quiet Night Z mouthguard. I have used the first one for over a year. PROS: My husband has gotten much better sleep because I'm not sawing logs all night. My snoring is mostly eliminated and I feel more rested with no more raw throat in the morning. The guard is not hard to fit when you follow instructions carefully; it does take a few minutes, though. You can redo it if it doesn't feel quite right at first. CONS: (AND I THINK THIS IS MY OWN FAULT...) I should have ordered a new QNZ months ago. After extended use it kind of loses it shape and even after reheating and refitting doesn't fit nearly as well as in the beginning. Sometimes there's a little drooling out the corner of my mouth. Often there's too much suction and the insides of my upper and lower lips get sucked into the breathing holes, making little areas that protrude for a while in the morning and are easily bitten when eating breakfast! OUCH! My dentist is concerned because the alignment of my bottom front teeth has actually changed, and not for the better, because of how the QNZ pulls the bottom jaw forward to enlarge the breathing passage.
All in all, the QNZ has helped my snoring enormously. I plan to buy a new one more often so as to not have the problems I have created myself! A properly shaped, sturdy item is very important in gaining maximum function and comfort.
***NO, I did NOT get this item for FREE in return for free product and a good review. I paid full price.
- SB 10/22/2014
My snoring is improved. I have no problem keeping the device in my mouth and breathing is easy. I would like less plastic in my mouth -- same unit but thinner version as it is hard to close my lips completely once QNZ is in place. But overall, it is fine. Well, I guess my comment would be that my husband doesn't have to go to the guest bedroom to sleep anymore. Before the mouthguard I made quite a bit of racket
- Larry 9/26/2013
I am very happy with this product it works as advertised. My wife is sleeping so much better now as she is a College student in nursing school and is under a lot of stress and in need of all the sleep she can get. Her first reply to me after the first night was it works keep wearing it please.
- Emma 3/2/2013
Since I'm a woman who snores like a chain saw without a muffler, I can say without any exaggeration that this product works great! My family was horrified by the noise I could make while asleep. I think the dog was even sleep deprived.
It takes a little getting used to but you may find that you actually sleep better with the QNZ.
The fitting process is not complicated, but you do need to really try to bring your lower jaw forward and press firmly on the outside of your lips and cheeks while the appliance is pliable.
Buying the 2-pack is great as you can keep one in your travel bag so you never are away at night without one.
- Rick Rinehart 2/25/2013
The Quiet Nite Z is very well made and easy to fit. But it is too small. Please make one that holds my mouth wider, about 5/8". The QNZ is more like 3/8" and doesn't do the trick. I don't mind fitting it myself. it was easy to do.
I have a similar product I got from my dentist several years ago but it is no longer available and I have to have a backup. It is not just the snoring, it is the sleep apnea. This could be a lifesaver.
- Dan Bins 2/24/2013
Tends to fall out of my mouth while sleeping
- David 12/30/2012
My wife says it works
- Anna 7/27/2012
Like magic, my snoring has stopped! THANK YOU
- Karin 5/14/2012
Thank you for such a quick follow up on my order....I did receive the QuietNite Z mouthguard and it works fantastic.....What a find!!!!