Gel Nano is Shock Doctor’s introductory Upper Boil and Bite mouthguard. Gel-Fit material creates multilayer combinations of gel that conforms to the teeth to create a secure fit, increasing retention, dental protection reduction of the severity of Concussions. Includes $10,000 dental warranty from Shock Doctor!
1. Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Plug the helmet tether strap into front of mouthguard.
3. Remove water from heat source. Let water stand for 30 seconds, then place mouthguard in water for 90 seconds. Do not exceed 90 seconds.
4. Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water with a slotted spoon.
Do not remove tether.
5. Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1-2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
6. Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth.
7. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth and press firmly into molars first then front teeth. Do not remove tether.
8. Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel.
9. Close mouth while biting down hard on mouthguard. Suck in strongly and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard onto teeth and roof of mouth through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
10. Remove mouthguard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
11. Repeat steps 1 through 10 if fit is not accurate.
12. Tether may now be removed.
Shock Doctor Gel Nano Dental Warranty
Upon receipt of your Mouthguard, you will receive warranty information directly from Shock Doctor. To obtain this $10,000.00 dental protection warranty you must complete and return the warranty application directly to ShockDoctor.
Product Satisfaction Warranty
The MouthGuard Store has selected mouthguards and mouthpieces from industry leaders. The MouthGuard Store offers the Shock Doctor Warranty.
If you are not completely satisfied with your Shock Doctor GelNano mouthguard, return it within 10 days and we’ll replace your mouthguard at no charge.
- Sara 1/18/2013
1. Mouthguard The Shock Doctor mouthguard is a plopuar choice and we feel it is one of the best quality for a small price. If you continue with training and your skill level increases, you will eventually need a custom guard. However, the Shock Doctor will be sufficient for beginners, since you will not be doing heavy sparring.
- Mouthguard 3/15/2011
I know a few people were interested in this, so here it is.
As far as boil-n-bites go, this is pretty darn good. I ordered mine online and after a few days found it in my mailbox. The mouthpiece has instructions with it for molding, so the process is pretty easy. After it was done, I put the mouthguard in and was very impressed. I haven't tried a custom, but compared to other boil-n-bites, this is top notch. Other boil-n-bites fall out when you open your mouth, but this one stayed on firmly. It feels a little awkward at first because the front of the mouthpiece is made of a harder plastic, but after wearing for a little bit, you get used to it. I've done some light sparring, and feels solid so far. If you don't want to shell out the money for a custom, this mouthpiece is a good choice.