When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Products or services may be offered by an affiliated entity. Learn more.
Table of Contents
Manufacturer: Sparkling White Smiles Dental Lab
Item Number: SWSNG
Rating: 4.6 out of 5 based on 476 reviews
The Standard Soft Flexible 3mm Custom Teeth Grinding Night Guard provides excellent comfort and is perfect for moderate teeth grinding/bruxism. This dual-layered night guard is the recommended standard thickness for a professionally made custom night guard. Made of soft, flexible, rubbery plastic, it's BPA, Latex, and Phthalate-Free. The guard has a lifespan of 1 to 3+ years, depending on the degree of teeth grinding.
Buyer's Package: Purchasers will receive a custom teeth guard mold kit with comprehensive instructions. After creating the mold, buyers can use the prepaid mailer (U.S. only) to send it back. For non-U.S. customers, return postage to the lab is required. Within 5 days, the custom-fabricated Night Guard and its carrying case will be mailed directly to the buyer.
Additional Features & Customization Options
- Specify if you want an upper or lower guard
- Enhance strength with a top bite surface that's .01mm thicker
- Discounts available for duplicate night guards
- Thin version available for daytime use
- New front cut option for added comfort
- Color customization available
- Add Oral Guard Professional Dental Appliance Cleaner
- Option to add custom teeth whitening trays and professional teeth whitening gel syringes
- Expedited 1 to 2-day lab service available
- "Great price" - Christensen, B. (California, US)
"Process was simple and easy to create a mold and have a new retainer for night wear within 2 weeks."
- "bEST PURCHASE eVER" - pAULIE (Tennessee, US)
"Wonderful fit and price!! tHANK YOU"
- "Great buy" - Zeb (Minnesota, US)
"The fit is perfect, and the night guard is comfortable."
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long do custom teeth mouth guards last if worn every night?
Custom teeth grinding mouth guards can last on average between 2 to 3 years. However, the lifespan is heavily dependent on the degree of teeth grinding and clenching. With light to moderate grinding, a custom dental night guard can potentially last over 5+ years.
2. How do I determine if I need an upper and lower guard or just an upper one?
The choice between an upper or lower night guard, or both, largely depends on individual preference and specific needs. Initially, night guards were designed for upper teeth, but that doesn't imply they're superior. Some considerations:
- Gag Reflex: People with a strong gag reflex might prefer a lower night guard to avoid triggering the reflex.
- Size & Comfort: Lower guards tend to be less bulky and might be more comfortable for some.
- Tongue Interference: Upper guards don't come in contact with the tongue, which could be preferable for those with larger tongues or for those who engage in tongue thrusting.
- Dental Work: If you're planning dental work on one arch, it's better to choose a guard for the opposite arch to ensure a proper fit after your procedure.